Friday, October 06, 2006

Sidetracked: in which *Sock*toberfest was mistaken for *Sweat(er)*oberfest.

Despite my careful planning and good intentions for the month of sock-knitting, I have deviated from said course in the last several days and *may* have cast on yet another sweater. Okay, I *did*, is the thing. I know, I know, as if Salina and Joy weren't enough. But, in order to *treat* myself for such diligent progress on Salina and Joy, which are comprised of row upon row of small stockinette stitches on size 3 and 5 needles, I cast on the Central Park Hoodie, which will be knit from satisfyingly thick Yorkshire tweed aran and on size 8s. And while the cablework is admittedly easy, it is nonetheless something *other* than stockinette... And behold: what has taken me several weeks to knit in the forms of Salina and Joy, I've accomplished in mere days!

Cast on...

Already, progress!

In no time at all... a completed back panel.

Detail of the stitching and cablework:

The CP Hoodie very much reminds me of one of those compressed washcloth capsules that you throw into water and it grows before your very eyes...

All in all, Sweat(er)oberfest has been a great success so far!
Now, about those SOCKS...

2 Comments:

Blogger Punkin said...

hmm.....sweatorsocktoberfest...
..sweaterosocktoberfest...
.....socktobersweaterfest....I think somehow it works. Your sweater looks great - I love the tweed :-)

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good grief, you're a knitting MACHINE! I would like for you to share just a bit of your knitting time with me, please. :)

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home