Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Salina and Joy Emerge.




Salina is progressing wonderfully. I've finished one of the sleeves and have just cast on the back. I've worked a few rows of the seed stitch ribbing of the back, and it is turning out lovely. This sweater pattern is so simple, yet it has some really nice details. I really love the seed stitch ribbing, cuffs, and collar. I absolutely love working with the Rowan felted tweed and I am so far very happy with the stitch quality of it. The colors are abosultely gorgeous and I really can't wait to finish this one and get it on me!

Some details of the yarn and stitching of Salina:



Joy is coming along as well, though not quite as quickly. Joy is knit on size 3 needles, while Salina is on size 5s (besides the seed stitch details, which are knit with 3s), so progress is a bit slower on Joy. I am in the middle of the first sleeve, and I really love the "Bristle" colorway of the yorkshire tweed 4-ply. It's going to be the perfect fall sweater!


Detail of the yarn and stitching of Joy:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that Bristle!

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Thought you didn't have any time to knit!!!
Love the Rowan yarns.

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love both of those patterns! Isn't the felted tweed yummy? It's so nice and soft.

I have yarn around here somewhere that I bought specifically for Joy (also a darkish heathered brown) but when I swatched I found that my plan of subbing purl stitches for the beads didn't work very well (just blended in). It looks like you are skipping the beads as well...I'll have to keep an eye on your progress to see how it looks plain!

8:32 AM  
Blogger knittingphilistine said...

elli,
Yes, I decided to skip the beading on the Joy would be unnecessary since the Bristle colorway has so much color and character on its own... I *do* however, plan to make another one with the beading at some point... probably in a lightish blue color.

I am so hearting both of these patterns already and can imagine knitting both of them again!!

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home