Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The Fall Line-Up.

No, not must-see-bad-TV, but rather my imminently upcoming knitting projects. Having bid adieu to my 2004 iBook G4, which showed no sign of recovery from a failed logic board, Michael gutted it for parts and we've successfully sold most of them on ebay, resulting miraculously in some money that has been reinvested in yarn. It's been a long while since I've invested in yarn (*Stash*? What is this mythical thing of which so many knitters speak?), so it's long overdue. Thus, the emergence of The Fall Line-Up:


Central Park Hoodie from Knitscene Fall 2006, using Rowan Yorkshire Tweed Aran in Darkside.


Salina from Rowan Vintage Knits, using Rowan Felted Tweed in Carbon.



The Union Square Market Pullover from IK Fall 2005, using Rowan 4 ply Soft in Military for the main color and Dove for the contrast color.


Joy from Rowan Vintage Knits, using Rowan Yorkshire Tweed 4 ply in Bristle.


Lace Knee-Highs from IK Winter 2004, using Rowan Yorkshire Tweed 4 ply in Sheer.

It's going to be a very Rowan-y, very tweedy fall (and winter!), indeed. And I, for one, can hardly wait. Stay tuned...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the IK mag with the union square sweater. I bought it foolishly thinking that I'd learn to make that lovely sweater. I didn't.

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!
Looks like all you will be doing this winter is knitting!!!

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are one ambitious little knitting queen. I'm working on 2 sweaters (with hoods) for Ben & Joe and another without hood for Sam (Charlie's boys)....a dozen hairy socks for my spring sisters (from my former life)...2 pair of the sweater socks in angora for myself....a baby blanket for the new one coming in December(Georgina is due on the 26th)...I think that's it. I should have a couple things done on the plane to and from China, about 15hrs average one way. Come see us when you can....the cottage is cozy and the food's great. Love you ME

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brian is going to see Cat Power on tues, I'll be in Raleigh.

I'll look up the links you sent for eateries.

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home