Sunday, September 10, 2006

'Tis the Season for Punkin Ale Drinkin'


Delicious, delicious... my favorite fall-time brew accompanied by yummy organic baby pears locally harvested.


'Tis true... it IS the best pumpkin beer ever... Even the cat loves it!

In knitting news... the tweed is on!

I have aquired a small mountain of Rowan felted tweed in carbon (colorway #159). It will be transformed shortly into the Salina from Rowan Vintage Style. The yarn is gorgeous... beautiful deep charcoal with flecks of purplish-blues and rusty-oranges and whites.


I am simultaneously starting the Joy cardigan, also from Rowan Vintage Style, in Rowan yorkshire tweed 4-ply in Bristle (#278); both patterns by Kim Hargreaves. I am super-excited about working on this one, as it is such a perfect project for fall - warm and wooly and flecked full of fall color-goodness! I will surely have progress photos of both sweaters within the next few days.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see your finished Vintage Knits sweaters. I recently purchased that book and am looking forward to making something from it!

10:58 PM  
Blogger knittingphilistine said...

Beth,
I am knitting furiously in anticipation of new tweedy fall/winter sweaters! And oh no, there's a new Rowan book called "Scottish Inspirations" which should be released in the US soon (already released in the UK) with patterns by Sarah Dallas, my next favorite designer after K Hargreaves showcasing the Scottish Tweed line... if only I could knit 24 hours/day!

11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooooohhhhh I covet the tweed

5:41 AM  
Blogger knittingphilistine said...

tllgurl,
Oh yes, I'm afraid. I am very busy trying to simultaneously knit both Salina and Joy! I already am planning to knit Joy again, perhaps with the beads. As for Punkin Ale, check out Dogfish Head Brewery (http://www.dogfish.com) ... they have the most amazing beer!

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am going to have to give that ale a go. it looks delicious. and East of Eden, well that was a dang good read.

3:38 PM  
Anonymous Ashta Roovia said...

Thanks for taking the time to share this

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home