Saturday, September 30, 2006

The Science of... Sweet.


I went to see The Science of Sleep last night, the new Michel Gondry movie. It was *great*, despite the mixed reviews it has been getting. It's a really sweet, interesting movie with excellent acting and, appreciably, a female character who isn't flawless (though beautiful in her own right). Of course, Gael Garcia Bernal *is*, on the other hand, visually flawless and his acting is, too. The sets in the movie are also amazing and filled with so many different props and cool things to look at and enjoy (my favorite: the knitting machine that looks and functions like a typewriter)! All in all, I'd liken The Science of Sleep to a long Bjork video complete with an excellent soundtrack and a sweet plotline thrown in for good... no, *great* measure! As a full-fledged film elitist, I declare this a movie well worth a watch!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another Soap how this weekend.
Check out the new Mustang. Will keep this movie on our list!

9:59 PM  
Blogger ShannieKnitChic said...

Hi Meg! That movie looks interesting. Glad to see you are having time to knit...I don't have a lot of time anymore...tooooo tired at night lately. I am finishing the hood on my hoodie right now...then off to do the ribbing along the edge...I saw a Central Park Hoodie KAL and this one hoodie I saw is awesome, it has the moss stitch along the edge instead of the k2,p2 ribbing. but she is not adding sleeves. Your hoodie looks good! The yarn I used for mine has some angora in it and the angora really makes the sweater soft and snuggly. I can't wait to wear mine! Love ya!

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Illu Antics said...

I thoroughly enjoyed this blog thanks for sharing.

2:37 AM  
Anonymous Illu Antics said...

This was lovvely to read

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home