Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Argh.

Well, it seems that summer is over. Back to the grind, for me. *The grind* returns in the form of a paper long overdue that I've been avoiding doing all summer. But the time has come for me to get back to work and start preparing for grad school year number four. The past few days have been spent with my nose deep in books on Yemen, South Arabia, and the Sabaean Kingdom. I have to admit that the reading has been fascinating, but I am stuck in *lazy-not-a-care-in-the-world-summer-mode* and I can't seem to turn my interest in the subject into coherent words on paper. It's a simple case of procrastination and laziness... it'll pass just in time to get the paper turned in. Nevertheless, I couldn't help but procrastinate just a little more by announcing my procrastination. While I am in full anticipation of fall, I am nonetheless reluctant for summer to end.

In slightly more interesting news, I've finished one of Michael's banker socks and the other is well on its way to joining its mate. The cuff and the heel flap are finished... just turning the heel and the gusset to go. I am itching to cast on a new project...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home