Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Making up for sock time.



Just in time to propitiate for my tardiness to Socktoberfest-ivities, my sock yarn arrived! And behold, no tweed to be seen! I am new to sock knitting, so based on what I've gathered from the world of knitblogging, I've settled upon some Blue Moon Fiber Arts medium-weight sock yarn in the Lemongrass colorway and some Sundara sock yarn in the Grey over Periwinkle colorway. I am excited to try both of them, and will be doing so imminently.


With any luck, the lemongrass sock yarn will be transfomed into Pomatomi.


And the Sundara yarn will be transformed into Hederas.

Decision-making is the first step toward production... Socks, ho!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I broke down and ordered some of the lemongrass last week too. Isn't it yummy? D'ya think it'll make good jaywalkers? I'm curious to see if it goes all pooly. Can't wait to see how it comes out as pomatomi!

8:31 AM  
Blogger knittingphilistine said...

elli,
great minds think alike! i couldn't decide between making pomatomi or jaywalkers out of the lemongrass... i cast on the pomatomi and i'm still trying to decide if the lemongrass is a good colorway choice for the pattern. i might want to make them with a more solid colored yarn... i don't really like the pattern on top of color varigation. maybe i'll cast on with the other end of the yarn for the jaywalkers and see how the varigation comes out and then decide!

8:39 AM  
Blogger ShannieKnitChic said...

Great yarn! I finished my Hoodie last night, but have yet to take a pic...I will post pic soon! Now I am finishing socks and my fall Clapotis that I started with the Malabrigo yarn...soft!

11:16 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

Oooh, pretty, pretty, pretty! I really covet some Sundara sock yarn, but I never get there fast enough to get any. It's all so gorgeous. And STR, well, what can one say.

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those colors! I actually have some lemongrass sitting in my stash. I'm thinking some socks with a leafy lace pattern.

Pomotomus is a wonderful pattern. It'll be gorgeous in the yarn.

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice yarn! you'll love both patterns...let us know what you think about the sundara yarn. the colors are gorgeous!

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, I've got Grey over Periwinkle too! I'm not sure what I'll knit with it yet. But that lemongrass STR.. love love love it!

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home