Sunday, October 08, 2006

An FO and an Anniversary.

Celebration is in order! Michael's Banker socks are finished, and just in time to commemorate our 2 year anniversary of our first date. The socks, my first completed pair of socks, turned out fantastically, I think. I really enjoyed making these socks. The pattern was simple, but nice for acclimating me to sock-knitting. I am definitely up for knitting more complicated patterns the next go 'round, though. The Mountain Colors 100% wool is absolutely fantastic. I love the subtle varigation of a somewhat solid, and the deep blue color of this yarn is super-nice. I am already scheming how I might acquire some more of this yarn in the more substantial 4/8s worsted weight weave or the new 3-ply wool so that I can make a hoodie out of it. But, as it is, I have enough sweaters to work on!

Michael's Banker's Socks
Pattern: Mountain Colors Designs Banker's Socks
Fiber: Mountain Colors Weaver's Wool Quarters, Deep Blue Solitary Colorway
Needles: Size US 2 dpns
Completed: October 2006
Notes: Even having to accomodate for a whopping size 13 foot, I only used one 350 yd/100 gram skein, and even had a little to spare.

Detail of socks on new owner:

Detail of the toe and stitching:

Detail of the 2x2 ribbing:


So, Michael got socks for our anniversary (and some cushy new cycling gloves!) and I got an awesome, awesome necklace that I absolutely adore. Happy 2 year anniversary to us!

7 Comments:

Blogger ShannieKnitChic said...

Great socks! Mountain Colors is nice yarn. Congrats to you and Michael!! And I love your hair...I would love to see the "whole" picture! Love you!

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations on the anniversary

9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks turned out great! My first couple pairs never actually became pairs :) Cute necklace, too.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Happy anniversary. I *love* the jewellery from smallthings -- that's who made your lovely necklace, no? And I think it would look very nice with a Buttony Sweater...

11:05 PM  
Blogger knittingphilistine said...

alison,
Thanks! Yes, the necklace is, indeed, a lovely piece from smallthings. Turns out I now have a smallthings fetish... *must* have that bee necklace and the modern pods one! Need more anniversaries!! :o)

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Megan,
Congrats to you and Michael. Glad to see he will have warm feet this winter.
LOVE the hair cut.
Will send pictures from this wonder beach vacation soon.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

Lovley necklace!!! My husband gave me one from her for our 1 year wedding anniversary!

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home