Saturday, October 21, 2006

In which I disclose perspicacious insight into my very being, or, 48 Things You Could Care Less About.

1. FIRST NAME? Megan

2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Nope. Though I just barely escaped being named “Michelle Edwina.” All I can say about that one is *phew*. I’ll take Megan Lee any day, even if I was teased in Middle School because I am Megan Lee and not Megan Leigh. Apparently, you can’t be cool at that age with the “boy” form of the name Lee. All in all, I enjoy being Megan Lee.

3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Just a few minutes ago when I fixed my eyes on the towering stack of midterm exams I still have to grade. Ooof.

4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? It’s alright. Gets the job done in a relatively tidy and legible way.

5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? Vegetarian here. You gotta be desperate to eat that stuff.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? In theory, yes, but my complete lack of charisma and friendliness (not entirely intentional, mind you), not to mention my often antisocial behavior, would likely repel me from myself.

7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? Sadly, I have many, each with maybe 4 or 5 entries for the entire year. We'll see how long the blog lasts.

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes, and planning to keep them, thank you very much.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Not today, folks.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Kashi Autumn Wheat. I’m privy to Kashi products in general, especially after reading about the “cardboard showdown.” That’s cool. You can read about it for yourself here.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Nah, too much effort involved. I usually wear tieless, stringless shoes, and the only reason I know the answer to this question is because the other day my boyfriend asked me to take off his shoes for him and I spent several minutes trying to yank his shoes off of his feet. After much yeowling from him, I realized he tied his shoes pretty securely to his feet. And that I am not a person who unties shoes when I take them off.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? What, you wanna fight?

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? What *isn’t* my favorite ice cream flavor? :o)

14. SHOE SIZE? 9 or 9 ½.

15. RED OR PINK? Pink = blech, so red by default.

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? Indecision. Wait… no… yes, indecision.

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? I second Fricknits'
the Bluths. My life just hasn’t been the same without them. Damn, corporate television.

18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? No, thanks.

19. WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Asphalt Decemberists t-shirt and blue jeans. Okay, so I’m a bum.

20. LAST THING YOU ATE? Pita chips.

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The sound of my boyfriend voraciously devouring pita chips.

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Cerulean. I was going to say Indian Red or Prussian Blue, but apparently those names were removed from Crayola boxes long ago (see).

23. FAVORITE SMELL? Wood smoke on campfires and Christmas trees. Earl Grey tea and coffee. My mom's soap.

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Does text messaging count? I don’t answer my phone much. Or ever.

25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Teeth and hands and eyes.

26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON YOU STOLE THIS FROM? Yeah, knitblogland is great. Except when there is work to be done. Which is always. Wait… damn, you knitblogland!

27. FAVORITE DRINK? Dogfish Head Punkin Ale and good, strong coffee.

28. FAVORITE SPORT? Sport? I’m drawing a blank… I need a definition for this thing called “sport” of which you speak.

29. EYE COLOR? Blue.

30. HAT SIZE? Don’t wear ‘em, so I haven’t a clue.

31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Nope. I prefer my glasses that are less than stylish and very crooked.

32. FAVORITE FOOD? Pancakes; especially pumpkin ones from Sabrina's. And
Grit-style tofu.

33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? The Royal Tennenbaums, so neither, really.

35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Winter, definitely.

36. HUGS OR KISSES? I choose the option of maintaining a distance of at least an arm’s length from everyone. Okay, okay, hugs, definitely. Just none of those whimpy ones. If you’re gonna hug me, I want to say “ow” during it.

37. FAVORITE DESSERT? Lately, I’ve been enjoying banana pudding and ‘Nilla wafters.

38. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? n/a

39. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? n/a

40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? A fascinating yarn called Archäologische Berichte aus dem Yemen (it’s an edited volume of articles by various archaeologists and academics). All about the Bronze Age period in Yemen (that’s about 2600-2000 BCE). Highly recommend it. The kids will especially like it read to them before bed.

41. WHAT’S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Some dust and a billion fingerprint smudges.

42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? It’s been a Twin Peaks marathon at my hous for the past week and a half, now. There’s a fish. In the percolator.

43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Blustery wind through trees.

44. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Rocks or bugs? Hmmm… nature is cool.

45. THE FURTHEST YOU’VE BEEN FROM HOME? The United Arab Emirates. Pretty damn far. I’ll be going back in December, too, for a little archaeology diggin’ action.

46. WHAT’S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? Surviving on a grad student stipend for too many years, now. Will. Knit. For. Food.

47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Neenah, Wisconsin. Ironic, too, because I am such a southerner, whether I like it or not. Grew up in Atlanta and Athens, GA, y’all.

48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? It's omnipresent in blogland right now.

And some pretty yarn for good measure.

2 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

I love reading these things!! Twin peaks is so good & I'm with you on the royal tennenbaums (I can't wait for Wes' new movie) and pancakes. I could eat pancakes all day long!!

On a knitting note, your pom's are looking amazing! I know exactly what you mean about getting the hang of the pattern. It clicked for me the second go on chart B. I swear I finished the whole foot in no time!

Knee highs would be fantastic!

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez, you sound a lot like me, in many ways... especially this one: "my complete lack of charisma and friendliness (not entirely intentional, mind you), not to mention my often antisocial behavior, would likely repel me from myself."

Does that mean that we'd get along or repel eachother ;)

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home