Saturday, October 14, 2006

Pomat-oh,my!

My Socktoberfest socks are coming along... albeit *slowly*. I cast on my Pomatomi and completed the ribbing no sweat:

Pretty yarn! I love, love, love STR a ton. Such nice, soft, perfect yarn... no inconsistencies in the fiber at all... just smooth and beautiful yarn in a great lemony-grassy colorway. (I feel an obsession coming on...) Yay for finished ribbing! (Not a fan of ribbing, really.) *Then* came the actual pattern. My first few attempts at following the first chart were less than successful. I've followed one or two other pattern charts, but this one is weird in that it has a YO as the first stitch. This is actually kind of confusing when knitting on dpns... or I found it to be, at least. I am also a novice sock knitter, so knitting on dpns is something I am not yet a total master at yet. So it has taken a few tries to figure out the initial YO... but... finally... I have this!

I've worked through one pattern repeat of the first chart. Phew! While it's taken me awhile to get this far, I am completely at ease with the pattern now, and I should be able to fly through the rest of the sock.

I'm liking the colorway of the yarn with the pattern so far... the colors seem to be following a fairly regular striping pattern. Good combination, I think.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great!

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is a super pretty pattern

2:40 PM  
Blogger ShannieKnitChic said...

Those socks are Definitely *Rockin' Socks*!! You are doing a grrrreat job, sis! I applaude you for taking on such a challenge for the socktober KAL...and the yarn looks astounding with the pattern, you did a wonderful job choosing the pattern for that color! I may have to get some of that yarn...;o)

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They look great! Now you are inspiring me to get out my Lemongrass and cast on.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Beautiful so far!! (And Jenny Lewis? Swoon!)

2:19 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

The socks do rock, but I am especially loving playing spot-the-book in your photos. Because I am a nerd like that.

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, love the Lemongrass colorway - you picked a gorgeous color for the "P" socks. ps - I've started and frogged for this sock in about five yarns to get to where I was doing ok w. the yo as a first stitch - definitely will be done in an STR yarn (after the current Koigu one). Terry

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home