Sunday, August 27, 2006

Dipping my toes in pre-Fall waters...

The weather in Philly today was wonderful... though humidity was high (80-something percent!), it was cloudy and breezy all day long... very reminicent of this thing I once knew called Fall. It was so much like Fall, in fact, that I partook in some fall-like activities... such as prepping the back deck for the change in season... I re-potted a bunch of my plants that needed pruning and larger living quarters.


I also got a sweet, sweet purple Aster... a beautiful Fall flower. Mine's an aster novi-belgii, or, a New York Aster.


And to top it off, I baked an awesome Grit-style Coffee Almond Crunch pie... much like a pecan pie, but with almonds instead of pecans and flavored with instant espresso and brandy to give you a kick in the pants.


Mmmmm!


This is my *Whoo, Fall!* face (otherwise known as my *Mmmm, Pie!* face).

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sure hope you put some in the freezer for us!!!!

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every time I look at your Blog you have a different Background .... is that a new program you are using??? I think I liked the original backround the best so far ...

The "dots" and "stars" don't do you justice!!!

10:22 PM  
Blogger knittingphilistine said...

anonymous,
That's too bad that you don't like my new nautical star background... I was tiring of the generic blogger template that was plain black... I'd argue that was personality-less, whereas this new one is more customized and more *me*.

11:12 PM  
Blogger ShannieKnitChic said...

Hi, Meg. I think your new background is neat...a little hypnotic ;) Lilly and I want the recipe for your pie, if you don't mind sending it to me....also, I have the new IK mag and am giving mom a copy so that she can get you the Wanderlust hoodie pattern that you want! Love!
Shannon

8:20 AM  
Blogger Rider said...

Unfortunately, I ate all of the pie. It was delicious, but now I'm fat.

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, we're at the lake for the weekend.

I am coming to Philly on Sept. 21 thru 24. Wanna have dinner or something?

I'll call you and we'll arrange things....

Jeff

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well now I get to post my name....Hummm what type of handle do I want.

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home