Thursday, November 02, 2006

Something's Awry.


The good news: Salina is *this* close [insert thumb and index finger mere micrometers apart] to being finished. The bad news: something's awry with the split front. The two sides of the lapel don't seem to match up as they should. It's not a huge difference, but enough that I don't know that stretching and pulling and re-shaping during blocking is the route to proper realignment. The problem arose because the split neck is worked separately, so somewhere along the way I did something to one side that I shouldn't have. Hrm.

I've had a look at some blogs with posts about knitting and finishing Salina, but I still can't get a good grip on what exactly is wrong. I might just have to rip, rip, rip and reknit. Double hrm. I'm not at all a gracious accepter of set-backs... in fact, I am downright obstinate about having to redo anything. But I'm a perfectionist (and will obsess exorbitantly over mistakes if they are remedied carelessly), so I will have to rip, rip, and rip some more. Okay, that may be a tad overdramatic... I probably only have to rip out and reknit a few rows.

Maddening, nevertheless.

4 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

Ugh, that sucks!! Hopefully it won't be too difficult to fix it. I'm a perfectionist as well so I feel your pain!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

7:00 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Bummer. But do you have to rip, rip and also re-knit? It seems like you could just rip back a few rows on the bigger side...unless of course that's the side that's right.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Argh! How frustrating! Can you leave it as is and say it's supposed to be all stylish and asymmetrical?

(I'll do anything to avoid ripping and reknitting.)

10:28 PM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

I know the feeling. My normal response to such problems is to toss the offending object in a corner and cast on for a new project. (I'm into denial!) I'm sure you will correct it thoroughly and properly! I wish I could be that kind of a gal!

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home