Sunday, August 20, 2006

Valley Forge, Ho!

Cycling adventure trois took place on Saturday. It was insane. And amazing. And involved a 53-mile round trip ride on the bike from the front door of our apartment in Philly to Valley Forge National Park. All who answer to the name badass say "Aye!" Hey, that's me!

We took the Schuykill River Trail, a 12 mile (one way) stretch of paved bike path following the old Philadelphia Railway line, much of which looked like this:


There I go, now!


We made it!


Bikes taking a well-earned rest.


There were log-cabins with real life soldier-actors.


The National Memorial Arch.


Old cannons!


Varnum's Quarters.


The man, General von Steuben.


And amazing woods and landscape.


Me in the amazing woods.


Friends were made along the way.


Caffeination in Manayunk on the way back to the city.


Mmm... liquid fuel...


Home! On the horizon!


The proof is in the cyclocomputer (did I say 53 miles? I meant 53.71 miles)!


What a day! And my first half-century ride!
For more of my Valley Forge adventures, click here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!!!!
What an amazing trip!
Love the pics

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

53 miles? my butt hurts just thinking about it.

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home