Sunday, August 19, 2007

Sockapalooza'd!


I'm rather late in showing off my great new Sockapalooza socks, but I really, really love them, so I figured better late than never!


These beauties were made by my sock pal, Julia of Moon Tea from a shade of Koigu that suits me absolutely perfectly. And they're Roza's socks! Yay! I love this pattern, and it was literally the next one on my list of socks to knit... excellent choice, Julia! (Though, now that I have one pair, I feel the need to have many, many more so they remain as the next on my list of socks to knit).


And look at all the goodies she included in my package! On the left are some super-crafty sock blockers made specifically for my sized feet that Julia cut from IKEA placemats. So cool! And some delicious, natural bee hand balm! Yum, yum! Thanks for the great package, Julia!


And I feel especially lucky to have gotten these socks because they are Julia's first pair of knitted socks. Yes, the first pair ever. I can imagine that these babies were difficult for her to give away... I am sort of nostalgic over my first pair of socks. And she did a terrific job on them, being her very first pair! Great job on the learning to knit socks in the name of Sockapalooza, Julia!


The computer remains incapacitated and I have only a mere two weeks left to finish my exhibition (opening September 25), so blogging time continues to be nearly nil. I have been knitting when time permits, and I'll have some pre-fall sweaters to show off soon, I hope. I can already tell that my summer sock knitting is falling by the wayside, and I am gearing up for fall sweater knitting.

I'll check back in soon with a WIP report on the nearly finished sweaters...

Til then, happy Sunday everyone!

Labels: ,

27 Comments:

Blogger margaux said...

those are some pretty socks!! how awesome... i must get in on that sockpalooza next year.. good luck with your expo!!

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, those socks are awesome. They would suit me very well, too. Off to raid my Koigu stash.

7:50 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Such a lovely blue, and so impressive for a first timer!:)

8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hah, I thought those looked familiar! They look lovely!

8:06 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

First socks? Holy cow, imagine her next pair? These are gorgeous - the colorway is wonderful.

9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perdect yarn for that design - when I first saw them I thought: hmmm, blue... or red! :)

10:28 PM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

Those socks are beauts!! And I'm so impressed that they are a first pair - what an honor for you.

12:08 AM  
Blogger spajonas said...

great socks! very nice for a first timer :) you're so lucky to have them!

7:51 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

very nice - love the purple and the sock blockers!

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow those socks are beautiful! You must feel very special to get her first socks ever.

11:05 AM  
Blogger cindy said...

Lovely socks!!! Your pics are very good as well. I think I'll have to take a look at Sockpalooza in the near future.

BTW....how did you put your super header pic in blogger?

11:36 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Beautiful socks! I love the colors in the yarn. Fabulous for a first pair! I wish my first pair looked so good!

12:07 PM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

Those socks are beautiful. I really love the color and the design paired together. She did a great job for a first pair of socks! Now you know you have to finish some of those lonely socks so you can have pairs that you can wear for the winter!

12:19 PM  
Blogger Desiknitter said...

Beautiful Koigu colour! These socks look simple but beautiful, my favourite kiind!

3:14 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Those are her first socks! Wow! I am now officially ashamed of my first socks. :-)

4:24 PM  
Blogger Oiyi said...

Great socks! Love the color. Those sock blockers are cool.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Lolly said...

The socks are so lovely! You lucky girl!

This is the exhibition you were telling me about? it sounds so great! best wishes ;)

7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She did a good job on your socks!

Good luck on the exhibit! It will be great.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Oh how cute! I've been wanting to knit a pair of Rozas too.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Sarah / Blue Garter said...

Gorgeous! Lucky you, and hats off to Julia - if only my first socks had looked that awesome. I slaver over that Koigu colorway, too.

8:33 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Lovely socks! And such handy blockers, too! I want to make some of those now...

10:12 PM  
Blogger Haley said...

ooh, sweaters! can't wait!

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks are fabulous! And so wonderful to be a first pair!
The colour is absolutely perfect in my opinion. :0)

5:59 AM  
Blogger Christy said...

Great socks and look. First socks?! Nice!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Wow amazing first socks, I would have thought she was a seasoned sock knitter! I love the color and the pattern.
What a great idea for sock blockers and old placemats!
Knit on!

11:59 AM  
Blogger 5elementknitr said...

Hi, it's Ruth from 5elementknitr.

Could you email me please? I have some Philly questions.

Ruth AT 5elementknitr DOT com

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!!! I'm sooo glad you like them and the other things I included. I had so much fun knitting those socks and I am now an official sock-a-holic, thanks to you and Sockapalooza ;) See you around in blogland!

2:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home