Friday, August 10, 2007

Fiberlicious Friday: The "Where Are They Now" Edition, or, The Most Overdue Blog Update Ever.


Hi friends. It has been quite some time since I've last checked in, and what a hectic and befuddling couple of weeks it has been. I have joined the ranks of the computerless, as the troublemaker ECC knocked coffee into my year old (and not yet paid for) Macbook a few weeks ago. My, what a difference not having a computer makes on one's presence in Blogland and Flickrdom! Hello, vanishing act. Not to mention that much of my summer exhibition work was lost in the process, which means I've been scrambling at work to redo what was lost, rather than take blogging breaks. Ah, well. Life goes on, with or without one's computer, and so here I am. Finally. Said broken computer is still, well, good and done in, but I've finally caught a spare moment at a public computer to pop in with some well overdue Fiberlicious!-ness. Today I am servin' up a cool treat of sorbetto, of the Yarn Pirate Rum Runner variety (the first installment of the Yarn Pirate sock club). Deelish!


Speaking of the Yarn Pirate sock club, as many of you know by now, Georgia was kind enough to endorse my Good Soapworks of Athens soapy goodness, and she included a mini soap in the first installment package of the sock club. I had a lot of fun working with her, and I really thought it was awesome of Georgia to include me! AND speaking of Good Soapworks of Athens, the Etsy soap shop has been officially closed in order to make way for the new and improved Good Soapworks of Athens Soap Shop! An independent website! The new soap shop is run entirely by my mom from Atlanta, GA. She has the facilities to keep all soaps in stock all the time. And without all of those exorbitant Etsy fees, we are able to offer cheaper soap, so go check it out! As for me, I'll still happily do soap swaps with people, but I will no longer be selling it, but my mom will happily supply everyone's soapy goodness needs!


So, there's where I am now. I am hoping that with Michael's return from France on Tuesday (with our household's laptop deux in tow), I will be able to return to regular blogging, and perhaps I'll even be able to regain my commenting mojo. And where is the yummy Fiberlicious sorbetto these days? In glorious, perfectly pool-less stockinette sock form, that's where!


I just couldn't resist the lure of the Yarn Pirate sorbetto. And I am in love with the sock it has become. I used the Hello Yarn Simple Sock pattern that she gives away free with her sock yarn. See the awesome short row toe raised bind-off? Love that.


And, of course, nothin' but short row heels here! I should also point out that you should not be fooled by the above photo into thinking I had finished a pair of socks. The sock on the other foot is my My Bloody Valentine sock. The Single Sock Liberation Movement continues (and now you can join it here)!

Up next: I get Sockapalooza-ed by an awesome pal!
Have a happy weekend everyone!

Labels: , ,

32 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

don't cats know that coffee isn't compatible with laptops???? I'll have to go check out the new soap shop. Hubby has been asking for more since we used up the last bar we got!

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How frustrating. Seriously, don't give up on your MacBook. My husband was able to rescue his from the most excellent PC repair place. They did a fantastic job for super cheap. Let me know if you want more info.

2:25 PM  
Blogger margene said...

Just yesterday I thought "What happened to my favorite philistine?" Since I am also having computer woes and maybe unable to reach Blogland (from home), I understand. It's nice to see you check in and let us know all is well and show us some lovely eye candy, too.

2:26 PM  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Socks? Soaps? Sorbet? Superb!

2:27 PM  
Blogger Lola and Ava said...

I can't even imagine how life would be different without a computer. Love those socks, & what a great heel! Looks like I've got a bunch of shopping to do.
-L

2:35 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

I've been wondering how you're doing! The Rum Runner looks beautiful knit up! I need to get to that yarn.

So I can contact your mother about using your mini-soaps as wedding favors? We'll have to order a sampler pack and test a bunch out...

2:45 PM  
Blogger Stella said...

I've never been tempted to do a short-row toe until now -- that raised bindoff is just too cute.

Very sorry to hear about your coffee/cat mishap. Good luck getting everything sorted out!

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your computer. I am not sure what I would do if that happened to me. So sad. :(

Your socks look great though--those colors are awesome.

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to see you posting again. Sorry about the computer. May the home computer return soon!

3:03 PM  
Blogger Shannan said...

Congrats on your new webstore!! And your sock looks great!

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh no! sorry to read about the poor, poor macbook! Love your single sock and today's tasty Fiberlicious! bit. :)

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your laptop! I'd been missing seeing your posts pop-up in my feed-reader. My laptop's harddrive died a painful death a little over a year ago and I was computerless for a month, so you definitely have my sympathies on the lack-of-computer issue. It sucks! I hope your computer can be saved!

Congrats on the new soap shop!

That is one gorgeous sock, I love the way the colors came out in the plain stockinette.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Kara said...

Delicious yarn and socks. Both very worthy of fiberlicious friday. And congrats on your soap shop. That is so fab.

Hurry home second laptop! We miss our philistine!

3:35 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Beautiful socks! And yay for you on your new website. :)

3:46 PM  
Blogger Elinor said...

Oh, suck, suck, suck!!! I hope you get back on your blogging and working feet soon and that you didn't lose too much!!!! The sock is beautiful!!!!!

4:02 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

So sorry about your computer (I say this as I am sure ECC like most cats is unrepentant).

That sock turned out so lovely! The colors are great.

I am glad about the soap. I don't think I can stay clean without it.

4:37 PM  
Blogger Irie said...

Beautiful post and photos! Question about the raised bind-off, because it looks adorable and ... somewhat uncomfortable. can you feel the ridge when you wear closed shoes, or does it flatten out?

4:50 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your computer. Cats! Can't live with'em, can't live without'em.

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can only imagine your pain, if my macbook went awol I'd cry. I love the yarn the colors are so happy.

7:15 PM  
Blogger margaux said...

ahh computerless!! how terrible... so excited for you new shop! and those socks look fabu!! :-) i guess good things come to those who wait! It's good to see you doing well!

8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh what a bummer about the computer! I am so dependent on mine it really is rather sad... ;0)
And love the sock- in all it's 'pool-free' glory. Gotta love that.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Emma said...

No pooling! So pretty.

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - congratulations on the website! That's so exciting!

Oh, crap, about the computer. I would die a small death if that happened to me. Hopefully someone with some techy-tlc can do something for you.

Those socks! Love the stripes. Off to surf the yarn pirate, now...

7:26 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

That is a mighty fine looking sock :) I just love how nice variegated yarns and stockinette stitch go together like pie and ice cream.

Bummer about the computer, I've managed to spill coffee into my keyboard once before too. It was a work computer with a "no questions" warranty, so luckily it was fixed, but it did suck for a bit. The shift key was permanently pressed!

Here's hoping you can catch up soon, we miss you in Flickrdom!

3:00 AM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

What a shame about the computer - I don't know how I'd cope without mine. Congrats on the new store!!!

12:56 PM  
Blogger elizabeth marley said...

The whole computer thing sucks! I've been there, I know! Hopefully it's on the road to being fixed, right?

And congrats on opening up your own soap shop, independent of etsy!

6:00 PM  
Blogger Haley said...

I was wondering where you had gone. Sorry to hear about your computer, but glad to have you back in blogland.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

Yeah! Happy happy day, you have returned from your walk-a-bout! Very much missed. And Yeah! Happy happy day!A single sock club I can hold my head up proudly at, LONG over due!

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm green with jealousy over your perfect stripes. Damn your striping-yarn-sized feet!

And what's up with the computer gods conspiring against academics? First ms flintknits, now you. Yikes. I'm in constant fear that one of our water loving cats is going to knock a glass all over our laptop.

10:42 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I was just wondering about you! I've totally done a runner from blogging this week too, though, so don't apologize for the lack of posting. Although mine's because I've just been exhausted by a totally normal 9-5 job (how do regular people DO this all week?) and not because of legitimate technological problems.

Also: I work in Philly 4 days a week now. This means that we need to meet up for dinner and drinks some time. I'm there T-F this week and S-W most other weeks. What say you?

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A family business, I love it. I actually have a soap question for you, but I will e-mail you later about it. Nice socks. And good luck with the computer situation. Is is possible to function without a computer, I am sure it must be, but how?!

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, I think it's a feline conspiracy--our Minny tanked my laptop, and now we have to queue for the remaining desktop. OK, it was actually my husband who spilled water on it...but only because she jumped on his back unexpectedly.

No pooling, indeed! Looks luscious. Is that bindoff truly comfortable?

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home