Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Tart.


What an appropriate description of my life, these days. Tart. Not really very full of sweet, blithe, happy-go-lucky freeness that I have for so long associated with the summer months. No, these summer days are more aptly described as tart. My knitting time has plummeted to an all new record low, so I'm lucky if I even have a spare moment to glance longingly at my sock pal's half-finished sock, much less be able to knit more than one round at a time. Gee, at this rate of work and study, I may have to ditch fronting the Single Sock Liberation Movement and spearhead the Half-A-Single Sock Movement. Half a sock? I have one of those! Hope my sock pal likes anklets!


Luckily, Fiberlicious! continues to inspire me, so I may have more yarn-as-delectables to post than yarn-as-knitted-wearables to show you for the next few weeks. Though my tart mood has had me seeing reds, and I am feeling inspired lately to knit with the gorgeous merino/cashmere sock yarn that Nora so graciously and generously sent me a few weeks ago. Of course, the sheer lack of free time may inhibit actual knitting with these beautiful reds, but nevertheless, they are inspiring. I have great plans for some beautiful red Roza's socks. But for now, those reds make some nice yarn cake decoration pieces.

And thanks VERY much to all those who weighed in on the issue of awkward variegation of my sock pal's socks. The consensus, provided by those variegated-yarn lovers more qualified on the subject than I, was that the socks should go on. And so they shall. Now, where's that spare moment in which to knit them?

Labels: , , ,

21 Comments:

Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Those reds are stunning--they remind me of the jam tarts we used to make when we were little with the extra pie dough. Delicious!

9:18 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

What gorgeous yarn cakes - I think they will make great decorations! When you find that minute, could you tell me where that darn thing is:)

9:55 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

Beautious.
I'll be wishing you much energy.

11:20 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Tart. That's a very good word for these days for me as well. I joined the flickr group for fiberlicious but have yet to get the time in for picture taking. I have soooooo many ideas and some yummy stash to show off as well...but alas....where has all the time gone?? (Ravelry for one!!) I also have half socks. Maybe soon to be one sock. We shall see.....

12:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're very welcome Ms M. I love your photos - the reds look deliciously tarty.

2:10 AM  
Blogger bockstark.knits said...

What gorgeous yarn! And you continue to make me drool with all your Fiberlicious! photos!!!

3:39 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Ugh, so annoying when other life commitments interrupt craft time. hey, at least you get a degree at the end, right?

Such pretty yarn. I'm so impressed by your creative displays! They keep getting better. I just keep staring at my yarn and trying to picture it as food. All I see is spaghetti!

7:42 AM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

Life can really get in the way sometimes, can't it? Still, at least you found time to take yet another delish picture.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

It's frustrating when life gives you tart lemons instead of sweet lemonade! :) (hmm - idea for a fiberlicious photo) Hang in there - the tides have to turn soon!

That yarn is so beautiful - the cherries colorway is my FAVORITE i've seen!

8:02 AM  
Blogger Laura B said...

Yarn cakes are lovely as decoration, aren't they? I've been thinking about replacing some of my candles with yarn cakes.

8:06 AM  
Blogger gray la gran said...

tart is mighty pretty!
i vote for footies too.
boy, i'm doing good with the fragmented thoughts (must be the heat).

9:05 AM  
Blogger Lola and Ava said...

I'm lovin' "Tart". Today, I'm going to use it all over the city!

The color is beautiful!
-L

9:14 AM  
Blogger Haley said...

we'll just call it "tartilicious." lovely yarn. hope you get more time to knit it soon.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Sorry things have been so tart recently :/ That is really lovely yarn, and it will make great Roza's socks!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mmmm yummy yarn! I don't think it's quite in line with the fiberlicious theme, but I would've hung the skeins from bushes like giant, delicious berries of goodness.

Am I the only one who occasionally has the urge to lick yarn? Please tell me I'm not :-D

11:29 AM  
Blogger pamela wynne said...

Oh, gorgeous reds! I'm especially crazy about that Wollmeise in back. After I finished my prelims, I spent a solid 2 months doing almost nothing -- except knitting and eating and watching tv. In the meantime, thanks for sharing the fiberliciousness. We'll keep plugging away on the Single Socks. :)

3:13 PM  
Blogger femiknitter said...

Hang in there! At least you've got georgous yarn to gaze at while you're grinding away at your work. No, it's not the same as FOs or even partial FOs, but at least it's stil soft and cuddly and comforting!

5:57 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

i'm just loving your yarn pr0n. it really keeps me coming back for more, although i'm always left craving more sock yarn. now i'll leave with dreams of red yarn dancing before my eyes.

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Tart"--what a great adjective for this situation. I find myself making that "tsa" noise with my tongue in response, and I've also been feeling that way lately.

half socks are better than no socks? maybe?

10:35 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Delicious tart! Those reds are beautiful.

I have more fiberlicious ideas myself, but M has oral surgery to remove two wisdom teeth tomorrow, so I may not have much time to shoot photos for a day or two. But I'll be able to KIP at the surgeon's office during his procedure.

I hope you find a little knitting time amidst all your studying and working!

11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you won't see me complaining about the fiberlicious photos: All we need is yarn. yarn. yarn is all we need...as the Beatles'song was originally intended to go ;0)

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home