Sunday, November 19, 2006

Weekend toing and froing.



This weekend was full of train travelling, wedding attending, hedera knitting, tea sipping, and...a small blog face-lift. Boyfriends with computer skills and a flare for blog design are super-nifty. I heart mine a ton. We couldn't resist incorporating the custom-made needle case that Ashley made me into my banner. I mean, all of the *philistine* colors were represented so well - the light blues, oranges, and brown. I'm enjoying the updated look a ton. What do you think?

And, if anyone was thinking about or planning to see Running With Scissors, do yourself a HUGE favor and see ANYTHING else. What a steaming pile. It is the first movie I've walked out of before it finished since...well, if my memory serves me correctly, since Cape Fear. Hell, I'd sit through Let's Go to Prison before ever attempting to sit through the entirety of Running With Scissors. Even Let's Go to Prison has a redeeming value - GOB. Running With Scissors has none. Whatsoever. It was the disappointing blow of the weekend. I had such high hopes.

I hope everyone had a happy weekend.

13 Comments:

Blogger Liz K. said...

I'm disappointed that RWS sucked so bad. I loved the book, despite being more than a little suspicious that this was more of a James-Frey-esque memoir.

Love the new look, BTW. Looks fresh.

8:37 AM  
Blogger CelticCastOn said...

love the new look. I soooo want that needle case!

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! So sad to hear that the movie was no good. Gah!

12:02 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Oooh--now I want to use my own case as my banner! I do love that fabric. And the way the text sits right on the ribbon. Yay makeover!

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the new look. I wish I had someone who would come redesign my site. Yours looks great!

3:38 PM  
Blogger KODACHROME said...

I'm in agreement with the previous commenters: the new design, with the banner, looks great. I'd love to redesign the stock photo that tops my blog but I have a lot more web-design learning to do still--

The socks look great too. And thanks for the RWS warning. Like Liz K., the memoir, though I enjoyed it, seemed just too much at times.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Carson said...

I must admit that when I first read about the filming of RWS I was sceptical even then. I think it may have had to do with the casting choices...or even the "filmability" of the concept.
Why in your opinion, doesn't it work?
V. disappointing; I read the book compulsively in a single sitting!

The needlecase...lucky you! I followed the creation of Ashley's competition gifts with no small amount of amazement..that girl gives and gives! Heh.

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the new banner AND the needle case - very creative and stylish. x

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dig the new look! Gotta love amy butler fabric.

8:48 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Nice banner. I wish I had a computer geek of my own.

11:01 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

The new design is fantastic! I am so in love with that needlecase. It's perfection I tell you.

Sorry RWS was so lame. I wasn't sure how they were going to make it into a decent movie.

Actually I think "lets go to prison" looks funny. It appeals to my middle school sense of humor! *sigh*

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the new banner!

2:21 PM  
Blogger midgeling said...

When I first read the title of this post I couldn't figure out what the heck you were talking about. My head was rhyming "toing" and "froing" with the word BOING. LOL!

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home