Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Profile Meister.

Lately, I've seen many a-knitblogger profiling themselves using quizzes such as the American accent quiz and Nicole Kidman character quiz. Indeed, I can see the inextricable relevance of both of these quizzes to providing penetrating revelations about one's innermost character. Granted, some knitbloggers have reported questionable results, but overall, it seems that these internet quizzes are wholly reliable and effectively revealatory.**

Concurrently, I've been considering adding the *100 Things* feature to my knitblog (it would definitely appear Julia-style, since there is *no* way I could generate such an extensive list in one sitting). I agree that it's nice to know one's knitblog friends more earnestly than just what kinds of yarn and needles they prefer and which knits they've completed. The first thing I'd probably divulge about myself is that I am an avoider of social situations at pretty much all costs, if it involves public participation in chatty conversation. I'm an introvert, people! I am not wont to regale people with my openly bubbly, charming personality - mostly, because it doesn't exist. Now, that doesn't mean I don't have or want friends, I just have and want them in the single digits.

Having divulged my reticent personality, it didn't come as a huge shock to me, upon reflection, that my rather young blog provides little substantial intimations about me as a person. So, as I slowly form the beginnings of my *100 Things* list, I have concocted a profile meister, of sorts, in the trendiest of knitblogging fashion (and because you introduce me to one fun thing to do to waste time, like take internet quizzes, and I'll take it to the nth degree). The results of my personality are in!

Your Brain is 47% Female, 53% Male

Your brain is a healthy mix of male and female
You are both sensitive and savvy
Rational and reasonable, you tend to keep level headed
But you also tend to wear your heart on your sleeve





You Belong in London

A little old fashioned, and a little modern.
A little traditional, and a little bit punk rock.
A unique woman like you needs a city that offers everything.
No wonder you and London will get along so well.








Which Biological Molecule Are You?




You are starch. You are rigid, opinionated, hard-willed and not too friendly about it. You keep people out of places, or you keep them in, and without you a lot of things would collapse. hopefully you'll never have the authority to burn people at the stake. Sir. Ma'am.
Take this quiz!






You are




You Are an Espresso

At your best, you are: straight shooting, ambitious, and energetic

At your worst, you are: anxious and high strung

You drink coffee when: anytime you're not sleeping

Your caffeine addiction level: high




The Movie Of Your Life Is A Black Comedy

In your life, things are so twisted that you just have to laugh.
You may end up insane, but you'll have fun on the way to the asylum.

Your best movie matches: Being John Malkovich, The Royal Tenenbaums, American Psycho



You Are 68% Brutally Honest

Most of the time, you tell it like it is. Even if it's hard for people to hear.
Sometimes you hold back though, because you never want your honesty to be hurtful.



Candy Cigarettes

You're a total badass, but you don't taste very good.




What kind of yarn are you?

You are Shetland Wool. You are a traditional sort who can sometimes be a little on the harsh side. Though you look delicate you are tough as nails and prone to intricacies. Despite your acerbic ways you are widely respected and even revered.
Take this quiz!



Your Christmas is Most Like: A Christmas Story

Loving, fun, and totally crazy.
Don't shoot your eye out!



Your Personality Is Like Acid

A bit wacky, you're very difficult to predict.
One moment you're in your own little happy universe...
And the next, you're on a bad trip to your own personal hell!


You Belong in Greenwich Village

Avant garde and bohemian, you're quick to adopt new ideas and lifestyles.
And while you're a bit less weird these days, you still have a "live and let live" philosophy.


In many ways, the results of these quizzes really *do* provide some frightening accuracy in describing many of my personality traits. I am, for example, starchily rigid and opinionated, and can be, at times, less than friendly about it. I am also *very* espresso-y in that I am ambitious and straight-shooting, but can also be super-high-strung in tense situations. The 68% brutally honest? I'd add about 30% to that for the sake of accuracy. And the Shetland wool? Well, that's me in a nutshell (or skein, as it were)! And last but not least, my favorite movie is - by far - The Royal Tennenbaums. I watch it on a monthly basis.

So read into the other answers as much as you like, and take a few of them yourself!
And I'll return shortly with knitting-related content...

**Okay, so I MIGHT be just a little sarcastic, as well... Maybe. But just a little. Or a lot.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is awesome! I love how the accumulated results of all the quizzes give you insight into your personality.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Punkin said...

How fun. I am usually not very interested in the quizzes but I have to say I had to go visit the site and play for a few minutes after I read yours. Yep, it was fun. The crayon really got me laughing.

4:29 PM  
Blogger Senora Fuerte said...

"Royal Tennenbaums" is my late night don't-want-to-go-to-bed movie. I love it!

And apparently I belong in Rome... hmmm...

5:43 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

What a cool post! I didn't know that some of these existed!! :)

6:06 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Why is the Brutal Honesty laddy from the 80s? Although I feel like that says something kind of profound about honesty. And the 80s.

I got my package today! Woo! Lok for a post about it later...

6:15 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Hahahahhahaa. This reminds me of when I used to have a livejournal, in high school - I used to post quizzes like this ALL the time! Anyway. I feel like I've known you forever, now. Totally.

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome quiz collection - and you're right, surprisingly consistent. (So, I took how many classes in quantitative analysis to learn to do something bloggers can pull together with surprising consistency? Great.)

And I just saw the Salina post - I must get my hands on a copy of Vintage Style - it's a fabulous sweater!

8:53 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Oh! Me too! Introvert! We should have a secret Introverts Club sign. Maybe hiding our faces with our hair and backing out of a room quickly.

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This cracks me up. I need to start using these when I teach psych methods, so we can investigate the validity of these tests...

11:04 AM  
Blogger KODACHROME said...

I didn't realize how many of these quizzes are "out there." Thanks for revealing some of your personality using such a quirky, anti-social method (taking quizzes by yourself online-- :) ha!) It's a perfect method for introverts...

Also, your Salina looks great. Good work!

1:01 PM  
Blogger granolagirl said...

Grr..after getting that I am acrylic yarn and time of the month crayon I had had enough!

6:29 PM  
Blogger Carson said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I've enjoyed visiting yours, particularly the plethora of quizzes (I'm way too scared to do the "rejected crayon colour"...)
Like your taste in literature and music too..always nice to find a virtual knitty like-mind.

10:25 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Love all the Quizes! Great idea! Thanks for stopping by and for the comment on my Salina!

11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Though I believe we would have different results, I also believe that we would be friends. Great post, btw: definitely as good as a 100 Things!

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home