Thursday, February 01, 2007

February Gray-Blues.



February chills are upon us here in Philly, and the February blues are as well. The blustery days are gray and cloudy and frigid. I am finding it particularly hard these days to gear myself up to make the commute into school. It seems to make so much more sense, morning after morning, to just stay in. Keep that ol' cold at bay. Have some stolid brick walls between me and the gray-blue elements. Work, however, is not so forthcoming in said confines. But access to coffee and knitting is. And, thus, my days are filled with half-read articles, half-drunk mugs of coffee, and half-knit cable-and-rib jacket back panels.



Project Spectrum has arrived. Mother Nature, it seems, is ready to participate. Grays, blues, and whites? She's all over that action.




I am ready, too.



Are you?

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

Very cool yarn! It's the green growing season here in California. I won't tell you that the daffodils are starting to bloom around here.

The jacket looks good so far!

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am indeed ready for this cycle of Project Spectrum, none of the fluffy white stuff on the grouds here yet though...I am sure Mother Nature will pull through with further inspiration around here at any moment...

10:53 PM  
Blogger Carson said...

Love those grey-blues.
Or cool greys even.
I also love that yarn in the bottom pic, but what's with the skull-n-xbones?
And i notice you're reading murakami..i just started norwegian wood last night

1:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it's summer here but the sky is blue and the sand on the beach is white-ish and... grey!

7:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lolly picked the perfect colors for February, didn't she? Your yarn is a beautiful representation of the colors this month.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

the colors perfectly match this time of year! the sweater is coming out great - lots of cabley goodness!

11:47 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Graaaaaaaays. Graaaaaaaaaaays!

I love those colors! And I've stationed myself right in front of my door until my WEBS box (with lovely gray Cascade 220) arrives.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

You definitely look set. I love the yarn pirate yarn.

5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must tell me what colorway that sock yarn is. I love it.

Knitting and coffee and half-read articles don't sound half bad. You do what you have to do to survive the winter, right?

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home