Sunday, December 10, 2006

Finished: Porphura Hederas



Finished: Porphura Hedera Socks
Pattern: An amazing sock creation by Cookie A.
Fiber: Sundara Somewhat Solid sock yarn in "Grey over Periwinkle"
Needles: size 1 DPNs
Date Started: 28 October 2006
Date Completed: 09 December 2006
Modifications: None



Hederas! They're so beautiful and lacy! And despite the intricate look of these dear socks, they're super-duper easy to knit! A painless 4 row pattern repeat that is perfectly manageable to memorize and to zip right through. I enjoyed knitting these socks and they turned out just swell!



And I just can't say enough wonderful things about the fibery goodness of Sundara yarn. It's a dream to work with and look at that color-on-color action!



Details, details, and more details. This sock's got 'em. Ingenious pattern.







And the best part about these Hederas? Despite their lacy, holey-ness, these socks are still amazingly warm and toasty, because they're made from wool, of course! Mmmm...function and fashion all-in-one.



And so great to wear with my chunky, clunky old Birkenstock clogs.



These socks get a gold star for being awesome.



And due to an evening of protracted debauchery at Monk's (the drink menu at this awesome tavern is aptly referred to as the "Beer Bible") last night that involved the consumption of a goodly amount of this, there will be a slight delay on the unveiling of the Christmas cut-out cookies, as, at the moment, they remain unadorned. There will be, as many of you so astutely identified, some sweet Christmas camels frosted and ready to be eaten soon. Thanks for all of your comments!

(Side Note: I just switched to Blogger beta and there seems to be some problems in the way gmail streams comments into my email box...commenter reply emails no longer appear (even for those commenters whose emails used to show up) - it's super-annoying, because I want to respond to my comments! If anyone using Blogger beta has figured out a solution to this glitch, please let me know! But until then, I'll do my best to reply to my comments through the commenter's blog.)

Have a super Sunday, all!

Labels: ,

24 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss Monk's... and Nodding Head. Sigh... Lovely socks, though! Enjoy!

6:21 PM  
Blogger granolagirl said...

Great socks, you'll need to invest in some opentoed Birkenstock goodness to show off all that lacey goodness!Love the colour!

6:27 PM  
Blogger Liz K. said...

Isn't Sundara's yarn just the most beautiful? She has such a gift with colors.

Thanks for the recommendation of Monks. The hubby and I are always looking forward to a place to hoist a pint.

7:07 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

Gorgeous socks! I love lace, and I'm going to have to try that pattern. After the holidays! After the holidays! Lots of deferred knitting these days.

I also just discovered the Blogger beta commenting problem. Hate it! take it back, take it back! I think I'm going to write to them and see what happens.

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are great Hedera socks!
I have those Birkenstocks in that color! I love them and wear them often.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Carson said...

ooo geez they're nice.
nice toe.
jared (brooklyn tweed) got me on to sundara's semi solid yarn.
very very nice.
sadly she only seems to produce one skein a week which is snapped within nanoseconds of unveiling.
at this rate i should get my hands on some about march 2008.

7:46 PM  
Blogger the daily purl said...

Beautiful socks!

9:08 PM  
Blogger Mintyfresh said...

I will share in the Monk's and Nodding Head missage. Miss Nodding Head more; it was always one of my favorite bars. Yay for the finished Hederas!

9:44 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Great socks! Such a beautiful color.

I am having the same beta-blogger problems; it's irritating.

12:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks are great--Hederas are one of my favorite all time sock patterns. Enjoy them.

2:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful socks, yarn & photography.

BTW: There are fairy lights on ALL my back-yard trees now, and I think of you each night when I turn them on. x

6:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

The socks look great! I love posts like this -- just photo after photo of gorgeous color and lace that I can drink in and admire.

I tried to switch to Blogger Beta but couldn't for some vague reason. Sorry to hear about the problems. I'm kind of glad I couldn't switch now.

9:48 AM  
Blogger CelticCastOn said...

SUPER DUPER CUTE! I think I need to make me a pair.

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your positive review of the Hedera socks. I've seen and admired them, but thought they'd be too difficut. My first "fancy" pair to knit are Jaywalkers. I love them when I'm not swearing at them. (the pattern is easy--it's my sizing). Now Hederas are next on my list.

11:02 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

So pretty - both the pattern and the color. Those are on my way too long "to knit" list!

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice job! those are beautiful. Great pictures, too.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Your Hedera's came out ever so lovely. I am now ever so tempted to buy some Sundara and knit up another pair!

4:57 PM  
Blogger KODACHROME said...

Like all the others, I'll chime in with cries of "beautiful, beautiful." Again, both the knitting, the modelling and the photos are so nicely done.

PS: I love your decorations, posted earlier...whimiscal!

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such pretty socks!

As for the comments, I've been using beta with my Hotmail account with no issues, so it must be specific to Gmail. If you have another email account, you could have your comments temporarily forwarded there until the Gmail bug is fixed.

7:56 PM  
Blogger Rider said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:46 AM  
Blogger randi K design said...

Love those socks!!

4:49 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Your Hederas are beautiful. They look great in the Birks! That Sundara yarn is something else eh?

10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Hederas! Isn't Cookie the best sock designer!?

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home