Sunday, December 17, 2006

In which my superstar-archaeologist-lifestyle necessitates that I temporarily abandon knitblogland (and the U.S., as it were).

And away we go...literally. So, I leave tomorrow morning for the UAE to excavate to my heart's content for five weeks. I'll be filling my days doing nerdy archaeologist-y things, like this:

and this:

And digging, of course...this is what I'll be digging:

And a little sneak peek at amenities...

And deserty, camely goodness (in the middle of winter, I might add!)






In knitting-related news, everybody should go check out Julia's absolutely fantabulous edition of YARNIVAL! It's out now! Go read it! Julia did a SUPER-fantastic job with it, and I'm not just saying that because I got featured, either...but I DID in fact get a YARNIVAL shout out! Whoo! Hope y'all enjoy my contribution, silly as it is!

I'll be back mid-January...hope everyone has a wonderful month of holidays, and you will be hearing from me again in the New Year! (And...drum roll, please...a new Etsy handmade soap shop in early February!)

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Kirsten said...

Bon Voyage Superstar-Archaeologist! Have a wonderful trip! I'm looking forward to hearing all about it in your posts and photos when you return.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Awesome. I want to see camels. Have fun & be safe!

10:40 PM  
Blogger jen said...

I hope you have LOTS and LOTS of FUN!!!

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic! (I realize that archeology is not exactly indiana jones, though :)

I hope the field work/lab work goes smoothly, with even a little (safe) excitement thrown in!

Tell us all about it when you get back!

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great trip! Travel safe.

8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a fun and safe trip! (So excited about the soap shop!)

9:00 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Have a great trip and take lots of pictures! It sounds like a great, exciting, camel spotting time!

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Have a great trip! I'm sure you'll have some great stories upon your return.

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh, have fun!

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm missing your posts already, but can't wait to hear all about the dig. A million years ago, I worked at NIST, and the office they gave me (as a summer undergraduate intern) was the home for someone who collected shards of pottery from digs and then used some kind of nuclear reactor-related dating method to figure out how old the pieces were. All of the desk drawers and cabinets were overflowing with pottery bits! Have a safe trip and lots of fun.

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home