Friday, January 26, 2007

Bizarro Eye Candy.



Truly, this is eye candy. Perhaps not of *the* Eye Candy Friday caliber, but eye candy, nonetheless. I couldn't help posting it. Truly, truly bizarro and well worth a quick gawk. (Note the mosque in the background in the above photo. I somehow felt the need to incorporate this detail into the photo, as much-needed proof that this glorious vehicle was actually sighted in a Middle Eastern country.)



Conservative Middle Eastern country? I think not. This Arabian pimpmobile was parked in the parking lot of the local Sharjah supermarket. How could I *not* insist that the driver of our car, one of our field directors, immediately turn around and go back for a closer look? The closer look, especially the pink boa draped across the dashboard and the lovely message printed across the truckbed back, warrented a special photo op.



A very risky photo taken hanging out of the moving car as we slowly drove past. But I managed to capture the passenger of the car, a veritable acquaintence of the Love Professor, himself. The glory!

Surely, how could you possibly have a bad Friday after partaking of these gems? So, go forth and conquer your Fridays and have a fantastic weekend!

N. B. :::Thank You::: to everyone who left sweet and awesome comments and Welcome Homes on my last post...I dream of the day when I can slough off Blogger once and for all and have a blog interface that allows me to respond to each of your comments personally. The day I move to TypePad or Wordpress is not far off, this much I know for certain. I also happily noticed that I received a good many comments from some new commenters, to whom I shout out a special thank you for reading!

Coming soon: an archaeology extravaganza! (and some knitting, too, perhaps.)

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

I would give quite a bit of money to--just once--arrive on campus driving that thing. Just so my students know who they're dealing with.

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that is a positive drive by "shooting" story if I have ever heard/read one. Love it.

10:41 AM  
Blogger JessZ said...

The mind reels.

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The purple alone was stunning,but The 'Love Professor'? Brilliant!

Love the blog, was an archaeology student myself in a previous life. I really enjoy your tales!

Ashley Ingram, who's website was eaten by blogger, and needs to buy a typepad herself. :)

12:18 PM  
Blogger CelticCastOn said...

ahahahah that is sooo awesome! I especially like the picture of himself on the back of the truck , tooo funny! I'm def. showing this one to Moose!
Thanks for the eye candy!!

2:50 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Welcome home! I especially enjoyed the pictures of the dunes. And of course, the love-mobile.

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

woohoo! fancy car!
glad you are back home and had a good trip. love seeing your photos. i had tried to post a few times before you left but blogger was being unkind to me and wouldn't allow it. :0)

3:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the..?

Love it.

6:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Carson said...

Fabulous!
Just...
fabulous
That's made my day

7:05 PM  
Blogger iSeL said...

I LOVE that! Very interesting, charming, and bizarro at the same time.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Lolly said...

That is a crazy shot - what a story!

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home