Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Hot Wheels!


Check out my hott new(ish) bike! Thanks to Michael's urging and internet-savviness (eBay!), I now have an awesome bike that I heart. It is a 1998 Bianchi Veloce, which, as I have been schooled, is a drool-worthy bike, indeed. And the awesome orange custom paint job is spectacular, as are the Campagnolo parts (mmm...brainwashed by bike-lover boyfriend). I just love it because it has wheels and goes fast! So now I can make a brave attempt to keep up with M's cycling habits *and* make an even braver foray back into the world of cardio fitness!

Speaking of hot, the past few weeks here in Philly have been record-breakingly stifling. There have been excessive heat warnings in effect, and temperatures have been in the upper 90s and have broken into the 100s several times (good thing I'm *not* in Cyprus [otherwise known as the Devil's Armpit] this summer...hrm). It's insane, especially living in a third story apartment. So the bike, as much as I love it, has spent it's new life with me sitting in the apartment, as it is just too damn hot to ride right now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rider said...

I'd just like to point out a few things: if she were to have bought the bike new, it would have been like this. Add on Campagnolo Chorus bottom bracket and headset ($150), the Joe Bell paint job (at least $500 - he's pretty famous for bike painting), Brooks saddle ($80), and Nitto stem ($80), and we're talking about a very sweet $2500 bike bought for a fifth of the price. I am super jealous. The best part is that the guy that sold it didn't even mention some of the best parts, like the Campy Chorus (a very high-level of parts) pieces (the rest of the bike is Campy Veloce, which is great, but not Chorus).

FYI, Campagnolo parts are amazing and extremely well-regarded, spawning sites like this.

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home