Sunday, March 02, 2008

Finished: Giotto-With-the-Flow Socks & Prelims 2, 3, & 4


Hello, all. Wow, do months just fly right by you before you know it when you're all stressy and preliming. I promised to show you some more finished socks long ago, and I've finally shown up to do it...


Finished: Giotto-With-the-Flow Socks
Pattern: These socks are a hybrid of of Anna Bell's Giotto Socks and Evelyn Clark's Go With the Flow Socks from IK's Favorite Socks. The idea for the hybrid was inspired by Whitney's clever machinations.
Fiber: Sundara Sock Yarn in Gray Green over Mint (one of my most favorite yarn colorways ever; that Sundara, she's a genius.)
Size: women's foot
Needles: size 1 Knit Picks circular needle
Date Started: a long time ago
Date Completed: January 2008
Modifications: No modifications from the two patterns. I knit the top section of the Giottos as written and the bottom section of the Go With the Flow pattern as written.


Love these socks. And such wonderful lounging-in-the-bed-socks.


Not that I've had much time for lounging in the bed any time recently...


Along with another pair (PAIR!) of socks, I've also finished my last three prelim written exams. If only I could say that the whole shebang was over and done. But the oral was canceled on account of a teensy bit of snow. It'll all be over soon, though. This Friday is the big day, finally. Then... maybe more time to blog? I'm hoping, anyway. I've missed you guys!

Up next: I rediscover what it's like to *not* spend twelve hours a day trying not to fail PhD preliminary exams. Also, my progress with Project Spectrum 3.0.

Labels: , ,

26 Comments:

Blogger Terhi said...

These socks are the prettiest I've seen in awhile! Maybe even pretty enough for me to get my sock mojo back... :-) Good luck with the rest of your exams!

11:39 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Gorgeous socks in a beautiful color! Congrats on being almost done. I have one last written prelim starting tomorrow (yikes!) and going through Friday. Then sweet, marvelous freedom. :-)

11:39 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

That green is so soothing...good luck Friday!

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

many congrats, hon. and best of luck this friday.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Hope this Friday goes well for you. Must say, those are some very snazzy socks.

12:47 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

Wow - these are gorgeous - clever combination!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Those are beautiful! I love the way the 2 patterns compliment eachother. I've read that the Giotto socks are a real pain...so this is a perfect compromise! Love 'em!

1:32 PM  
Blogger raining sheep said...

Beautiful socks...hope you get through your exams and do spectacularly well.

2:39 PM  
Blogger spajonas said...

yay! you're almost done! and look, you're done with another pair of socks too! :) those are my favorites of the batch so far. great marrying of different patterns.

3:13 PM  
Blogger bockstark.knits said...

OMG! Gorgeous socks!!! Good luck on friday!

3:28 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Those socks are crazy beautiful. I love seeing a new unique knit sock. Beautiful match of yarn and pattern too.

4:41 PM  
Blogger loopylulu said...

Pretty socks! Good luck on your prelims. I went through that whole shebang last year and I remember how totally stressful it was. Good luck again!

7:22 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

those are so pretty!!! the texture is great and the color is so spring! good luck with the exams!w

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous cuddly socks. I wish I could knit fancy socks, I'm just starting on the plain ones!

7:41 AM  
Blogger leah said...

Good luck with your exams! I finished mine last month and it is such a relief when they are over!

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I love the way they look in that colorway. Good luck with the remaining oral exam!

2:52 PM  
Blogger jennie said...

Oooohhh... does this mean we can get a drink soon? :)

Congrats (on exams, and on lovely socks).

6:11 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Pretty, pretty socks! Good luck on the exams.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Almost there, almost there, almost there! With socks like that, you can't go wrong. :)

8:02 PM  
Blogger nova said...

These socks are awesome. Nice marriage of patterns. Brilliant!

1:27 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

All of your socks are amazing, I am really inspired. I am just about to start my very first pair of socks, ever.
When I get stuck, which I will, I will come here for some motivation and inspiration.

9:13 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Beautiful socks! Good luck with your orals!

8:16 PM  
Blogger Ibunnysavetroy said...

love that coloor green, the socks are wonderful!

11:12 AM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

Those socks look great. Good luck with the studying!

1:22 PM  
Blogger ofpinsandneedles said...

That yarn is amazing. And it looks made for those socks (which, are lovely). Hope everything is done and dusted, now, and that you're happily enjoying some post-exam-whatever-you-want!

12:00 PM  
Blogger maritza said...

These are absolutely gorgeous! Congrats again!

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home