Sunday, January 13, 2008

Resolution(s).


Happy New Year! I know it's been really quiet around this blog for awhile now, but I have resolved to catch you up to speed. Speaking of resolutions, it is high time I made one. No more single socks for awhile, people. It's time that all these lovelies had mates. I'm planning to knit at least all the mates to the pretty nine socks above. I want to knock these mates out before the onset of Project Spectrum 3.0, as I am already thinking I want to try Mari's approach to Project Spectrum, and, well, I foresee a fair share of single socks coming out of that endeavor. So, Resolution: Knit mates to these nine socks. I doubt I can knit all nine mates before the PS February beginning, but I will get a good start, at least.


Ooops. Did I forget to mention that I *might* have added to my single sock pile over Christmas break? Well, I did.


This new singlet is truly one of my favorite socks I have ever knit. It's the Cozy Cables Socks pattern, knit with one of my most favorite yarn colorways EVER, Colinette Jitterbug in Vincent's Apron.


This one will surely have its mate in no time! And who knew I enjoyed knitting cables so much??


And this little number is just a nice stockinette slouch sock knit from a great non-pooling variegated yarn from The Plucky Knitter's etsy shop. The ribbing, heel, and toe is knit in a more solid contrast color.


And look, a star toe! I'm trying out some of my newly learned techniques. So, add those two socks to the nine that need mates. Just eleven mates. Doesn't sound too daunting, right? Hmmmmm.


And I have already followed through on another of my knitting-related resolutions: to destash all of my variegated sock yarns. I've had all this great variegated yarn sitting in my stash for a long time and I never feel like knitting with it. Every time I go to pick out some sock yarn, it's the solids and nearly solids that I reach for every time. So, I destashed and destashed some more. And thank you SO much to everyone that purchased from my destash sale! Because of you, I've been able to reinvest in some yarns that I think I might actually knit with. And if you are still interested in any destash yarns that might be left, they're still up for grabs here.

Happy New Year, everyone! Expect to see PAIRS of finished socks around here very, very soon!

30 Comments:

Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Yeah, I'm on a solids kick as well. And that star toe is a winner! Good luck with your exams.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

Ooh, gorgeous cable-y socks. And a perfect resolution. Welcome back!

1:21 PM  
Blogger Philigry said...

i just love those cable socks. the color, everything is perfect!

1:43 PM  
Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

Seriously gorgeous socks there!

4:26 PM  
Blogger Mari said...

Mmm... I'm feeling the Fleece Artist love big time. But that Colinette is very nice, too!

6:06 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

What gorgeous cabled socks! And, I love what you did with the verigated and star toe - very snazzy.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Shrinkie said...

huh! thanks to your enabling I am now up to 15 sad singles, lol. However, all their names are in a jar and DH has drawn out the first to receive it's partner. So much purty yarn, so little time *sigh*.

I really like the idea of a Spectrum of socks - I even have a yarn with silver in it suitable for the metallic colouraway, lol.

beautiful cables and lush colour!

6:55 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

I am liking this socks for PS idea. I am liking it a LOT.

7:05 PM  
Blogger mel said...

What a great way to start the year, and PS! That cable-y sock is gorgeous, I love love the color!!

7:35 PM  
Blogger Stef said...

Wow, that mustard yellow is unstoppable. Your newest single is awesome. Happy new year!

9:16 PM  
Blogger spajonas said...

happy new year! well, at least you have some pretty mates to knit :)

9:42 PM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

Yeah, solids are best aren't they? I LOVE that colour jitterbug - yum!

9:45 PM  
Blogger nicole said...

Oh, those golden cably socks are just divine. And I too have sworn off variegated yarns—for now at least—as they never look as good knitted up as in the skein.

11:28 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

those are beautiful - the color is to DIE for!!!!!!

11:16 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Your New Year's knitting resolution is very similar to mine...

I have 4 finished single socks and two more on the needles and maybe 2 more that need frogged and reworked.
I'm on a solids or semi solids kick lately too, enjoying complex patterns.

Happy Knitting!

1:30 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

So gorgeous! You can totally do it. Or at least make a good start.

And just when I was going to start joining you in single sock land...

4:08 PM  
Blogger Liz K. said...

You've got a lot of winners in there, so this seems like a doable resolution. The time frame might be ambitious, but that's you!

5:36 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Lovely, lovely cable sock! I've been leaning more and more to the solids myself, although I'm trying to knit up some of my multis as simple ribbed socks for myself due to a washing misfortune that has left me with too few wool socks.

Best of luck knitting the mates--all the socks are so pretty, it shouldn't be a chore.

8:32 PM  
Blogger kaetrn said...

i am loving the purple socks with the contrasting toe and heel! very very cool! those 11 socks will knit up in no time i am sure!

10:26 AM  
Blogger Lolly said...

I am so happy that you will be participating in PS this year, M! :) Thanks a lot, and I am really looking forward to seeing your creations.

I am feeling you on the solid socks too, btw :)

10:42 AM  
Blogger kelp! said...

Word on the variegated yarns - I've also sworn off variegateds, but I have a few remaining multicolors to knit up this year. Those are some fine replacements that you've acquired.

11:55 PM  
Blogger Sarah / Blue Garter said...

I'm about to slap a star toe on a new pair of socks I'm designing - yours looks great! Here's an idea for a sort of half-assed single sock swap: I'll knit a mate for one of your bachelors if you want to make me a second Pomatomus! It's a pinky-plummy colorway - sure to fit in to the Spectrum some month or other, right?

12:49 PM  
Blogger nova said...

I have three singles left. I am not knitting another sock until I finish the three.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Miss Scarlett said...

Oh the resolve to finish mates to socks....I keep waiting to reach that conclusion myself but so far I have no interest.

I love the idea Mari had too. The last PS I dyed fingering weight yarn for each colour theme for socks and...only the 1st months is actually knit into socks! The others have been started but not finished.

Can't wait to see all of your paired up sockies. Love the cabled sock - beautiful!

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! That sock color is so eye-catching and pretty!

4:23 PM  
Blogger gray la gran said...

what a lovely collection of single sockens =)
i fear counting how many are in mine ...
i know what you mean about the solids, as there's more opportunity to knit something mindbending.

9:06 AM  
Blogger madelinetosh said...

oh the golden cables are just stunning. so beautiful. i wish i could wear yellow as i am so hooked on that color right now. it makes me look a wee bit jaundiced. damn hell. and your single sock stash is a wonder. how to pick which to begin a mate for.

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cleaned out my knitting basket two weeks ago and was shocked at all the socks I've started, never blogged about, and never finished. I think I'll be working through my single socks, too!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

I am head over heels in love with that Cozy Cables sock. You might even be tempting me into casting on one instead of my I Diamond Gansey sock. Shame! ;)

11:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been talking about you for about the last month with all of our family, and everyone tells me I haveHAVEhave to look at your blog. Your knitting is beautiful. I've been crocheting for about 3 years, and I'm pretty good, but I just started knitting, and I'm....um....not so good with that. However, I have a huge stash. I'm gonna be sending random presents from my stash to aunt Linda. Want a random present from a cousin you haven't seen in 15 years?

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home