Tuesday, May 27, 2008

On stashing things other than sock yarn...


I know it's been a while since I've been around the blogosphere--I'm sure most of y'all have by now heard about the super - awesome - fantastic hostessing of an amazing group of gals I got to do a few weeks ago, but it's high time I get back on board the bloggy train. Though, there may be a slight shift in focus, as witnessed by the mosaic above... (for more information about any of the photos above, please go here)

Because, apparently, I love patchwork. And fabric. And more fabric. And lots more fabric. And quilts! And making quilts! Patchwork quilts! If you sense any obsessed immediacy in my exclamation points, you'd be right on.


I know, I mentioned my plans to learn to quilt TWO MONTHS ago and what do I have to show for it? Well, not much, besides an obsessive love for fabric stashing which has completely eclipsed my love for sock yarn stashing. Yes, it's true. And, as the wee stack of fabric above attests, I have not one smidgen of difficulty finding fabrics I love. Love that is perhaps even stronger than sock yarn. Yes, I just dared to go there, I'm afraid. Also, I DO now have a sewing machine, and I have fabric cutting tools on the way. So this *is* actually going somewhere, albeit slowly. I promise that there will be profuse quilty action very soon!

And since the month is quickly coming to an end, that could only mean one thing: Project Spectrum colors are on the verge of changing! A I R here I come...

Next up: I play catch up on all of the E A R T H-y goodies that I've knit over the past two months. All in one post! After a massive destashing effort, of course.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger maritza said...

Oh that stack of fabric is so lovely... Mmmmmm, pretty pretty colors. You have a great eye for color. I can't wait to see what you whip up.

11:52 PM  
Blogger Pikku- Kettu said...

Beautiful fabrics you got there. What are you planning? :)

12:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My fabric stash is growing too! By leaps and bounds and leaps and bounds and...

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, pretty fabrics! I can't wait to see what you create from them.

And also, I just had to grin at seeing my beloved Stimpy in your mosaic!

4:08 PM  
Blogger Veronique said...

Oh, wow, I love your entire fabric stash! So, what's the plan? Are you going to taking a quilting class, or have a friend teach you? Or are you just going to learn by looking things up online? I can recommend the Purl Bee's Party Prep Coasters, it's a great beginner project. Although I feel like you just want to jump in and make a quilt already! :)

4:53 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Ahhh, I love fabric. Sometimes I think I might love fabric more than I actually like sewing.

7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i pet the fabric in the stores but i'm relieved to say that i still haven't gotten the fabric bug. mostly because the added variable of prints overwhelms me.

i'd buy all of those yarns if i didn't already have 30,000 skeins already.

8:07 AM  
Blogger nova said...

Hey, I have scrappage for you if you want it. I had tons of squares left over after that white/geometrics charm quilt that I made, you are welcome to some squares if you want them. Use them to practice on until you are comfortable.

De-stashing one obsession to feed another. I like it.

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes ... I understand the need for fabric. As a knitting, scrapper I was lured into the world of quilting by a fellow scrapper. Slowly (well relatively speaking) I acquired mountains of delicious fabric. Can I quilt? Ho hum, not sure, but I am sure enjoying the learning process and the stash acquisition is great fun!! Now all I need to do is knit myself a quilted recipe scrapbook and I have almost all my bases covered LOL!

1:27 PM  
Blogger Lorie McCown said...

Quilting is wonderful, but the quilters are even better! Lovley stuff here!

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home