Friday, July 21, 2006

The Knitting.

A few things about my knitting habits:

1. I have been knitting for about a year. I learned when I was 8 or 9, but I have just recently (summer 2005) begun to do it seriously. You know, with patterns and finished projects.
2. My knitting career over the past year, until recently, consisted of knitting a lot of scarves.
3. I have recently branched out into other garment categories - I have now successfully made a pair of mittens, socks, and a hooded sweater. Thus, I feel that I now must certainly qualify for the title of *knitting master*.
4. I find that even though I am now a *knitting master*, I have a penchant for scarf-making. This, I have come to discover, is for 2 very logical reasons: a) scarves are quick to start and finish, allowing for instant gratification; b) scarves take very little yarn to make, and, in my state of having an anti-salary, I don't have hundreds of dollars to throw at yarn purchasing for larger, more complicated projects.
5. Knitting with unnatural, synthetic fibers is very bad. I just say no to acrylic yarn. I might be considered by some to be a yarn elitist. That's one pigeon hole that I'm fine with.
6. I do not have a *stash*. (Stash being, as I understand it, a knitter's term for a stockpile of extra yarn). I knit with the yarn I have until it is gone.

A few projects I've finished:

Scarf-tastic!



Sweater un done!


All things current:

Or rather, all *thing* current. One sock done. Another to go.


Socks for Michael are also in the works.


(Yeah, that's another scarf...)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you ever going to finish the Green Scarf????

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home