Thursday, June 21, 2007

Fiberlicious Friday: Tess Limeade Edition.


Just popping in to say hi before I return to my regularly scheduled program of working on the Women in Archaeology exhibition or studying for prelim exams. Oh, um, or watching the first two seasons of Lost. That's right, I made it through the first three seasons of the Wire in a scarily short period of time. We're talking mere days. And if you haven't seen the Wire yet? See the Wire. So good. But addictive. And while I wait impatiently for the fourth season to wrap up and get released on DVD, I watch Lost. And after Lost, it will probably be Deadwood. Oh, and preparing for prelims, of course. Can't forget about that.


And hey! Because I have copious amount of free time on my hands (insert liberal amounts of sarcasm here), I take photographs of yarn as if it were edible. It's this series I've been doing for awhile now (check out the entire series here), sort of unconsciously, and then at some point I realized I was taking lots of photographs of yarn as if it were, well, food. So what does one do when one realizes they have a bizarro photographing habit? They start a Flickr pool for said bizarro photographs and they encourage others to participate in taking their own bizarro photographs! And then they create a day (and who doesn't like Fridays, right? Sorry, Eye Candy Friday) when they post said bizarro photographs on their blog. Ta-da!

For those who are on Flickr, come join Fiberlicious!
For those without Flickr accounts, there's always Fiberlicious! Friday. Or, really, Fiberlicious! Any Day of the Week, Whenever You Feel Like It! And if you're participating, feel free to nab a button from the sidebar.

Why? Because sometimes yarn looks good enough to eat. And who doesn't need more fiber in their diet?

Have a great weekend, all!

Labels: ,

28 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

Seriously, just looking at this makes me crave lime sherbet. Mouth. Watering.

I have great plans for a fiberlicious photo as soon as I put down my February Sweater. Which will be any minute now, I swear.

12:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Megan, you're a genius - what a gorgeous concept. Fiberlicious Friday it is!

1:15 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

Now I feel like having some kiwi fruit. Yum! I think I'll probably try and come up with some fiberlicious ideas now. What a great idea!

5:17 AM  
Blogger Haley said...

I just recently discovered your blog through your Flickr photos I think. Or maybe I somehow got there from Dogged. Anyway, I really enjoyed this post and I was looking around your blog and saw that you made the Salina. I've been eyeing that one for a while but haven't saved up for the Felted Tweed yet. You've inspired me to definitely make one as soon as I can. Thanks for the inspiration.

Oh, if you don't mind I'm adding your blog to my list of blog links on my new blog. Thanks!

7:08 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Such a luscious treatment of a most refreshing color...

7:39 AM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

Hmmm, suddenly I'm very hungry.
Fiberlicious Friday sounds like a great idea!!

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this qualifies for Eye Candy Friday, too...

Is the Women in Archaeology exhibit going to be at the Penn museum?

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummy. Fiberlicious indeed.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Olga said...

Is that kool-aid dyed? neat idea for photos! OOOH LOST!!!! be still my heart! I'm still going through season two! And your sweet mamacita left a nice comment on my blog-*beaming*- thank you so much!!

9:32 AM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Cute idea! I'm willing to switch over at least sometimes :)

I love TV shows on DVD... so addictive.

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! I never even thought of it as lime, but like Ashley says: lime sherbet! perfect!

I went back to the tess booth TWICE looking for green and that was seriously the only green I saw! So I was very anxious that you might not like its crazy almost-neon self. ;)

9:44 AM  
Blogger margene said...

Good idea...I love yummy yarn! ;-)

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So pretty. I feel like I want to run out and get an Italian ice.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Kara said...

It is a fabulous concept. I can't wait to play around with the idea. Thanks for the inspiration, Megan!

11:51 AM  
Blogger pamela wynne said...

Ooh, so glad you opened this up for the rest of us -- now I get to copy your fiber-as-food innovation with no shame. :) [runs off to take photos]

12:12 PM  
Blogger Stella said...

If someone had asked me when I woke up this morning if yarn could ever make me thirsty, I'd've said no. And how wrong I'd be...

1:42 PM  
Blogger femiknitter said...

Mmm, that looks fantastic! What a great concept--I'm all about contributing next Friday! Catching up on Lost, eh? I warn you now--it sucks you right in.

5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

More Fiber in your diet!!!
What a great concept. I wonder if Weight Watchers ever thought of using knitting as an appetite control tool.
But these wonderful pictures make me want Key Lime Pie!!!!! Beautiful ... the yarn would be great for Elenora Socks (my next project).
XOXOXOXOXOX

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos and the green is amazing! Such a summery color to knit up.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Tasty yarn!

What a great idea! I love fiber and dishes. I hope I get home tonight before the light goes bad.

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummy! Just delish!

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow I am sooooo glad to meet another Deadwood fan. I have watched all of the prior seasons and just seem to like the all around general grittyness (possible new word there) and realistic approach to the show. Either that or I am secretly in love with Timothy Olyphant.
Ok, I admit I have a rather large crush on Seth!

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hurrah for tv as procrastination. and double hurrah for knitting as food. i have so many ideas... this weekend is gonna find me liberating my stash at the farmers market...

3:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh, great photos!
i feel a photo shoot coming on!

9:48 AM  
Blogger peaknits said...

I just joined the group - it's fabulous! I'm excited to have found someone who shares my lust of knitting - the "taste" of it:)

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lost makes me want to throw things at the TV, it's so idiotic but impossible to stop watching. You and Ashley just cranked thru Deadwood so I'm clearly going to have to add it to my queue. I just got Firefly--never seen it before--so that's exciting.

I have always loved your yarn in bowls series; I have so little fiber I probably won't be able to participate in Fiberlicious Fridays myself, but I will come here to drool!

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute idea (I'm loving that green yarn, too)--I'll contribute someday. After I move--ugh.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

What a great idea - this will give me a neat project to do for the weekend! :)

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home