Thursday, March 08, 2007

A smart girl always has a back-up plan.

Say, guess who I met yesterday?



Yup, that would, indeed, be Ashley. A knitblogger! A doggedknits-blogger! I think the first thing I said to her as I approached was, "Wow, you internets people really DO exist!" I am now a believer in the existence of knitbloggers.

Ashley and I had a fab time, if I do say so myself. Can't you tell from our utterly whelmed faces? We both share the uncanny ability to relate our sheer joy and excitement for life itself through nothing but our singular facial expression. Okay, so perhaps our underwhelmed expressions had something to do with this:



In fact, it was all we could do to not burst out into sobby hysterics. Hrm. I thought I was being such a good Philly knitblog hostess by suggesting that we go to loop. You know, to make sure Ashley had some Philly goodies to take back to Michigan with her. Oh, and because I was desperate to get to some koigu. Because a smart girl always has a back-up plan, and, frankly, I feel as though I might need one. But before Ashley and I were able to go through with our plan of throwing bricks through the storefront window riot-style, the loop employees returned and let us in. [Apparently, the peeps running loop feel entirely entitled to take *be back in a minute* breaks without feeling a compulsion to put a note on the door to inform customers of their absenteeism. I mean come on people, really, what is more important? Your Starbucks coffee or our fibrous sanity??]



Sweet success! Beautiful bright, orangey koigu!



Back-up plan for Chevron Scarf. Check. So, next time I meet up with a fellow knitblogger, I won't be shamefully lacking in knit accessories (note Ashley and her beautiful chevron scarf, and me, well, in my not-knit green scarf).

And, just for the record, Ashley is one super-cool Amazon.

The finished Monkeys are on deck; I'm now waiting for the snow from the freakish March 7th blizzard to melt so that I might actually have some decent photos to proffer. Stay tuned...

25 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

Wow, I love that Koigu colorway!

I didn't realize you lived in Philly! (commenter now notices the words "Philadelphia, PA" at the top of the blog and feels sheepish) We should meet up sometime... I live in Princeton.

5:13 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Ok, so glad to know that the Loopers were out on a break and didn't close for no apparent reason (this happened to me at Majestic Yarns in Ridgewood,NJ and I still hate them for it).

Love the orangey loveliness of the koigu...must.have.asap!

5:13 PM  
Blogger iSeL said...

I will meet you next time I go to Philly, right? And I AM going to Philly soon because I love Philly and someday I WILL live there. OK?

Pretty koigu. Glad you girls could get your fix. Those windows look very smashable...those loop people should know better.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Kara said...

Knit-bloggers day out! How fun!

I do love the koigu. It is a perfect complement to Lucy. Gorgey!

6:57 PM  
Blogger femiknitter said...

Oh, I love Loop--it's such a great store (though the lack of note was a faux pas)! I'm heading over there this weekend for some Koigu myself!

I really like the new color combination for your scarf--nice and brght!

7:55 PM  
Blogger Liz K. said...

I actually just asked Ashley if you were as amazon-like as she is, since in the pic you look to be the same size!

Can't wait to see the Monkeys.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Yay! What a fun time. I'm glad to hear that Foo is working out, but I love the Koigu all the more in that picture--it's really phenomenal.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

The Koigu is lovely; I think you found the perfect mate for Lucy. Glad you both had a good time! I hate it when yarn stores aren't open when they say they will be. I think it must be something of a universal problem, as I've had it happen to me out here in CA.

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the pressure of meeting up with Ashley only mounts: you all keep showing her such 'whelming' times i don't know how I'll compete! (ok, ok, it's not a competitions.) happy that loop reopened, but crappy that it was closed to begin with. can't wait to see how the chevron turns out--those colors are going to be fabulous.

10:17 PM  
Blogger Miss Scarlett said...

Glad the store reopened in time!
hey - saw the books on your nightstand...I have been thinking of Don't Lets go to the Dogs Tonight, how is it?
I liked A Short History of Tractors in Ukranian - vivid characters.

12:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, I've met up with a knitblog pal in real life three times now, and my husband still calls her my "imaginary friend"!

Hot damn, that's some scrumptious Koigu.

1:18 AM  
Blogger margaux said...

i too am envious! i'm a hop skip and a jump away - if you ever come to NYC or the Hoboken area - SO look me up! Glad they came back and opened... so strange no note? Can't wait to see you start this Chevron, perhaps I should jump on that bandwagon too?? hmmmmm

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad the people at loop returned from their caffeine fix so you could get your koigu fix (love the color btw). (Fun to see Ashley's scarf in action with the snow falling. The temptation to start one of these is great!)

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have kicked in the door to get at the goods!

Hope you made Ashley eat some soft pretzels.

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The yarn in that last photo matches your banner perfectly. Great colour choices.

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm interested to see how those two colors knit up into the Cheveron Scarf...I'm amazed by how two uncomplimentary colorways end up looking so perfect together. I'm sure it's going to be lovely...

9:47 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

That sounds like a fun day! I have been sorta obsessed with Ashley's scarf. I've tried at least three different combinations of yarn from my stash. I may just have to break down and buy yarn for it.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Elinor said...

Koigu looks yummy. I love that knitters always wear handknits when meeting other knitters. I never do because I never have stuff that I've made for myself on hand at the right time, it seems. Knitters at my knitting group always come wearing a scarf, some wristwarmers, etc.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

Nice Koigu choices! Ah loop! That reminds me of my trip to philly! :)

3:50 PM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

He-he! It sounds like you guys had a great time! I'm sure those loop employees will be sure to leave a note in the future!
The color combination you chose for your Chevron is going to be gorgeous! I can't wait to see your progress photos.

9:54 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

Nice backup plan...but I didn't have a backup plan so maybe I am not such a smart cookie.

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the whelmingness of it all. That Koigu is really nice, I wasn't always a fan of orange; but, orange goodness like that Koigu is quickly turning me into a convert. Can't wait to see how it works up in your new scarf.

9:15 AM  
Blogger maritza said...

Sounds like you guys had fun! Yay for meeting other knitbloggers! (Love the Koigu and the Pynchon!)

7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, what's the pretty pretty brown and blue yarn next to the orange? (I am so damn predictable -- I'm all about the muted tones every time.) Is that Koigu as well?

Glad you had as much fun meeting Ashley as I did! And VERY glad that the Loop crisis resolved itself quickly. Otherwise there would have had to have been extensive consolation yarn from Rosie's (not that that's so bad either).

8:11 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

that Koigu is great - orange is one of my favorite colors!! Glad to hear you didn't have to throw any bricks through the windows... :)

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home